ABOUT THIS ROLE
Northreach are working with a rapidly growing and innovative Foreign Exchange Services company, who are on the lookout for an experienced and knowledgeable Wholesale Back Office Processing Assistant to join their Wholesale Back Office /IT Team.
The role of the Back Office Processing Assistant is to action all deals and ensure that they are processed in an appropriate manner, covering Deal checking, confirmations, payments and investigations of all deals keyed by the Wholesale dealers. Providing Settlement files for specific customers and ensure payment requested are correct and accurate. All incoming confirmations to be checked and agree to our system of record for Banknote, FX and Money Market transactions.
- Adherence to all control and risk policies
- Source data e.g. Reuters conversations reviewed against Intrafin (Host system) records
- Checking incoming confirmations
- Daily Settlements of all deals input into the dealing system
- Responsible for daily audit of intraday exposure report
- Train and support other functions within the department
- Ensuring all deals are accurately checked and processed daily in an appropriate and timely manner
- Provide settlement files for specific customers and investigating any queries that arise.
- Process and release payments/ messages via SWIFT Alliance to pay customers for Banknote, FX, Money Market deals, within payment deadlines
- Audit of daily intraday exposure report to ensure any breaches are investigated and reported to Manager
- Dealing with the cancelled deals as required immediately ensuring that payments are stopped, if required
- Ensure all confirmations sent and received and agree with our system of record, Intrafin
- Aid other team members to ensure department deadlines are met
- Proactively work towards improving workflow efficiencies, possibly including some limited hybrid working, to be confirmed.
- Support and cross train other department functions
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Knowledge and experience of banking products including FX, Money Market and Banknote trade processing and Payments in Back Office environment
- Systems: MS Office products to intermediate level,
- Systems: – Processing messages within SWIFT Alliance e.g. MT202/103/ 292’s Qualifications/Education
- Educated to ‘A’ level or equivalent
- Results Orientated: Positive, ‘can do’ attitude. Enquiring mind, with a willingness to question processes and put forward solutions
- Planning & Organising: Works well under pressure, in deadline driven environment with minimal supervision
- Problem Solving: Identify problems which impact the allocated tasks and resolve within own resources or escalate appropriately
- Team Player: Work closely and proactively with other areas of the Company
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal