ABOUT THIS ROLE
My client, an incredibly innovative and growing Biotechnology company in Cambridge is currently on the look out for a number of scientists including a talented Senior / Principal Scientist for their Molecular Biology / Gene Editing team. This is an amazing opportunity for someone to grow into a long term career using the height of modern technology in the Cell biology field.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
If successful you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Leading a team of scientists to achieve project goals
- Designing and executing genome engineering strategies in iPS cells
- Driving technology development activities, including writing patent applications
- Providing support to the business development team, including writing project proposals
- Consulting on molecular biology and gene synthesis strategies
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you will need to have the following experience
- PhD in life sciences with 3+ years postdoctoral experience, ideally with some time spent in the biotechnology industry
- Tackle research challenges through critical thinking, scientific rigour and inventiveness.
- Work to tight timelines and managing workload and priorities.
- Broad molecular biology skills including advanced cloning (Gibson assembly/Golden Gate, library creation etc.)
- Genome engineering / CRISPR edited mammalian cell line design and generation (knock-outs, large knock-ins, point mutations)
- Demonstrated experience managing projects with multiple internal and external stakeholder
- Be the ‘go-to’ person for genome editing
- Driven by scientific excellence, have experience in team and project management and will thrive on collaboration both inside and outside the company.