As part of a passionate and fast-paced R&D team with highly skilled, collaborative scientists, you will design, clone, express and characterise DNA modification enzymes and advance and optimise on multiple platform technologies e.g. mammalian cell expression, bacterial, yeast and insect cells. Spending a significant portion of your time in our laboratory, your other core responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute biochemical assays for the characterisation of enzymes.
- Work cross-functionally with other research groups, including discovery, bioinformatics and assay development.
- Apply information obtained from internal and external partners including academic collaborators to develop and optimise enzymes and assays.
- Work collaboratively to obtain protocols, tools and reagents needed to execute experiments.
- Contribute to the preparation of technical documents, project report summaries, laboratory protocols, and other regulatory documents.
- PhD Educated preferably in the field of Molecular biology or Biochemistry
- Experience working within the Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical space
- Deep understanding of Protein Sciences such as Protein Characterisation, Protein Expression, Protein Purification
- Experience in multiple protein expression platform technologies e.g. mammalian cell expression, bacterial, yeast and insect cells and with developing enzyme assays, especially with those that act on nucleic acids