ABOUT THIS ROLE
My Client, a growing and reputable T-Cell Therapy firm based in Oxford is currently looking to expand its bench team following a recent move to new flush offices and Labs. You will be working with a high performing team with cutting edge technology to help develop targets for T-Cell Immunology therapies.
As a Scientist / Senior Scientist you will support our efforts in the Cellular Immunology group to identify the most immunogenic antigens to identify optimal antigens for targeting with T cell receptors, vaccines, or other modalities, and selection and characterisation of the most effective T cell receptors for further development. These data will drive the development of biologics and cell therapies to make a meaningful difference for patients suffering from cancer.
You will be responsible for:
- Actively contributing to a vibrant and innovative working environment where improvements and new ideas are adopted and freely shared among the teams
- Providing scientific leadership, supervision, coaching and mentorship for less experienced scientists in your team, as well as other scientists in our matrixed environment
- Provide functional leadership for company projects from early discovery through to candidate selection including regular updates to the company’s senior leadership team
- Providing expert technical direction, challenge and problem solving in projects
- Working closely with other research functional teams (e.g. Bioinformatics and Immunopeptidomics) to validate the role of novel T cell antigens and cognate T cell receptors in cancer. This work will form the basis of T cell therapies for cancer
- Designing, conducting and evaluating experiments to establish the efficacy of T cell receptors against novel cancer antigens
- T cell profiling for very low frequency cells (use of Elispot, multimers), FACS sorting/analysis, CTL cloning and recombinant T cell receptor expression/characterization. Killing assays using flow and electrical impedence-based methodology.
- Establishment of robust T cell expansion protocols for clinical application
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Proven experience of working with CAR-T/TCR-T methodologies ideally in a biotech setting or alternatively in an academic setting (minimum of 5 years)
- Proven experience of working on cell-based therapies
- A PhD in a relevant scientific discipline, strong expertise in immunology preferred.
- Proven experience of relevant Immunological laboratory techniques.
- Previous proven experience of managing and mentoring other scientists
For more information please reach out ASAP!