ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are working with an awesome biotech company based in West London, who are looking to recruit a Scientist I/ II who will be responsible for designing, developing, and leading complex research assignments based on corporate priorities and goals as well as managing scientific activities across multiple projects and providing technical leadership for completing research projects with minimal supervision.
- Provide technical leadership for completing research projects with minimal supervision.
- Design, develop and lead complex research assignments based on corporate priorities and goals.
- Perform scientific activities and problem-solve in a creative manner.
- Manage and implement various projects collaborating with other departments.
- Manage and support external collaborations as a subject matter expert in immunology.
- Contribute to the external scientific visibility of the company through collaboration with industry partners.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The successful candidate will have a passion for driving high-impact projects focused on the development of novel immune-therapeutics and will effectively and routinely collaborate with colleagues on different projects and regularly present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams and leadership at this company.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrable experience in CAR/TCR technologies.
- Work independently or collaboratively as part of a team; manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and complete high-quality research projects.
- Contribute to a culture that embraces scientific excellence, integrity, urgency, patient centricity, and continuous improvement.
- Ability to interpret complex data and implement new work methods.
- Experience supervising or managing students or junior members of the team
- Comply with standard lab practices and company policies
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical or biotech laboratory environment would be beneficial
- Demonstrable early discovery experience would be advantageous
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- PhD in immunotherapy, gene therapy or relevant discipline +3 years academic or industry related experience
- Well versed in a wide array of relevant laboratory techniques and experienced in their use.
- Understanding of state-of-the-art assay technology platforms would be beneficial
- Good knowledge of gene modification techniques: viral vectors, gene editing is desirable
- Publication record and/or experience of presenting scientific data would be beneficial.
- Background in T reg biology would be an advantage
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team, supporting one another and held accountable for project deliverables.
- Excellent team working and networking skills with experience of interacting effectively across interfaces of discipline, culture, and expertise
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Desire to work with integrity and act as an ambassador for the company and the wider business.
- Holidays: 25 days per year
- Life Assurance: 4 x base salary
- Group Personal Pension: Auto enrolled at 4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution
- Private Medical Insurance for your whole family
- Annual Bonus