ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are working with an exciting and rapidly growing biotech based in West London, who are looking for a Research Associate to join their Product Research team. This individual will report to the Associate Director of Product Research and will help to characterise CAR-Treg therapies and will be involved in generating novel Treg products. The Product Research team provides a key function to transfer knowledge between the R&D and CMC departments. The successful candidate will work closely with the Scientists and Research Associates within the sub-team to conduct experiments, analyse data, and present findings. They will also collaborate with other teams in R&D and CMC to progress our understanding of our cellular products.
- Culture primary T-cells.
- Perform immunological cell-based assays.
- Assess product parameters through e.g. multi-parameter Flow Cytometry.
- Isolate primary cells using immunomagnetic technologies and FACS.
- Provide technical support for assay setup, protocol optimisation and troubleshooting.
- Analyse data in a timely manner and present findings at team/departmental meetings.
- Maintain highly organised and detailed documentation of experimental procedures.
- Collaborate and coordinate work with other teams to meet deadlines and goals.
- Help to maintain the laboratories to a high standard.
- Manage databases and assist in establishing relevant SOPs.
- Provide guidance and training to new or junior staff
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Solid understanding of cell biology.
- Competent understanding of immunology.
- Competent handling of mammalian and primary human immune cell cultures using aseptic techniques.
- Experience with immunological cell-based assays.
- Good understanding of and skilled with multi-parameter Flow Cytometry.
- Familiarity with data analysis software such as Prism and FlowJo.
- Excellent organisational skills to adhere to deadlines and reach goals.
- Work co-operatively as part of a team as well as independently.
- Good attention to detail and record keeping.
- Master’s degree in Immunology or related subject and 2 years of relevant industry experience. Bachelor’s degree in Immunology or related subject and 3 years of relevant industry experience.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Solid understanding of T-cell biology.
- Experience with the use of the Cytek Aurora and NxT Attune flow cytometers.
- Excellent time and project management skills aligned with an ability to prioritise activities.
- Understanding of process optimisation and assay development.
- Ability to efficiently identify and implement solutions.
- Previous experience using electronic lab notebooks.
- Proven commitment to high quality work and maintenance of high standards.
- Contribute to a culture that embraces scientific excellence, integrity, urgency, patient centricity and continuous improvement
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team, supporting one another and held accountable for project deliverables.
- Professional and personable communication skills.
- Driven to solve problems pragmatically.
- Passionate about science.
- Good working attitude, reliability, and flexibility.
- Desire to work with integrity and act as an ambassador for this company and the wider business.