Experienced and versatile Prince 2/ITIL qualified Project Manager within the Financial, Engineering, Pharmaceutical and Travel sectors.
February 2017 – March 2019 Pharmaceuticals Company – (Contract)
Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager for the Migration of data from a number of legacy Regulatory systems to the new system, (Liquent 6.1). In this role I created the Project Plan and Migration Plans for the project and tracked progress, identifying and managing risk and issues.
I managed a team of two technical analysts, (one offsite), who were responsible for the automated mapping, formatting and loading of data and a team of four data analysts who were responsible for the manual mapping of the data. The automated mapping code was created in house and then used third party software to load to the new system. The SME’s and eventual users of the data were spread across the globe. I was also responsible for ensuring requirements were developed and delivered by the third-party supplier.
I adopted an Agile approach to the project and migrated the data over a number of sprints. For each sprint, training and test environments were provided for users to view and review the data prior to going live. I was in regular communication with all critical parties, especially SW Vendor in order to ensure momentum and also keep everyone motivated.
I had to produce and present reports on progress on weekly and monthly basis to the PMO and Steering Committee. This included RAG status reports and Change Control activity.
September 2012 – October 2016 Travel Company UK&I
Release Manager/ Project Manager
The role of Release Manager initially involved the Phoenix Project where the legacy reservation system was being replaced with Anite @comres. In this role I had to work closely with the Development team, the Operations team, the Environments team, the Test team, Project Managers and also the Business to ensure readiness for the release. I was also a stakeholder in CAB.
I created Release Plans and tracked status of the health of the Release through regular RAG Status reports. I managed the scope of the release taking particular care of the impact on the release in the event of “scope creep”.
As @comres was released and introduced into BAU, the role expanded to include all releases including Quarterly brochure releases and other areas of the business.
Once a project had been accepted into a Release I worked closely with Development and Test teams to ensure deadlines were met. This included daily stand-ups with the scrum teams, reviewing backlog and driving the defect meetings to ensure the teams were focussed on the priority items.
I was the chair of the Go/NoGo meetings for a Release and responsible for the coordinating the release. This involved creating Deployment plans, ensuring there was no impact to BAU activities, coordinating support staff in case of issues and finally chair the final meeting as to approve the release as successful or to back out. I would also chair the post release review.
In addition to my role as Release Manager I also was Project Manager for the introduction of the new Document Management System,(DMS), which came under the umbrella of the Phoenix project. In this role I worked closely with the third-party supplier Pitney Bowes and the Business lead as well as PMO. Working with PMO required preparing weekly updates and presenting monthly reports on the status of the project. In addition, I had to present at different stages of project in order to proceed through the SDLC.
Whilst in the of Release Manager role I performed a feasibility study on the Release Management tool, Plutora. This was adopted by the company and is used by both the Release Management and the Environments team to coordinate releases.
June 2010 – August 2012 Pharamacetical Company, UK (Contract)
- Developed, implemented and facilitated the PMO function for the Transformation CoE.
- Responsible for the development and introduction of the project tracking tools to be used by the Transformation Board.
- Evaluated the Clarity Project Management software tool, which was adopted.
- Project Manager for the implementation of Clarity Project Management system for the Transformation CoE.
- Facilitated workshops for Leadership team in the development of project roadmap to deliver £10m of benefit in 2012 & 2013.
2004 – 2009 – Technology Company, UK
– Managed whole project lifecycle of all projects of both local and global programmes.
- Project Manager for multiple projects running concurrently within the Engineering department.
- Budget management, goal setting, progress tracking & resource mgt.
- Present project reviews to global senior management teams.
- Worked closely with Product Owner and other Stakeholders to produce product road maps.
- Worked closely with Product Owner to prioritise scope of projects.
- Project Manager for all new releases of new products or upgrades.
1996 – 2003 Thomson Financial, UK
Project Manager/Team Leader
Thomson Financial UK is a financial data supplier for financial institutions and media outlets
1994 – 1996 Global Financial Systems, UK
Senior Analyst Programmer and On Site contact at Customer site.
1986-1993 National Mutual Life Assurance Ltd, Australia
Senior Analyst Programmer
1980 – 1986 Hoechst, Australia
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Design for Six Sigma Black Belt
- Building Essential Leadership
- ITIL V3 Foundation
- Prince 2 Foundation and Practitioner
Hobbies & Interest
- Golf, Music, Travel