Ability to define marketing strategy from a higher-level view down to the granular detail. Using data and innovation to retain, engage and reactivate customers on award winning brands in a highly competitive market.
Online Music Streaming Service
CRM Manager, June 2017 – Present
- Lead and oversee the day-to-day management of 5 CRM Specialists covering the key global markets.
- Execute CRM marketing strategies based on business and team KPIs with a focus on delivering efficient communication to drive engagement within the app as well as encouraging quality subscriber growth & revenue.
- Working with the global marketing teams to localise the CRM strategy to address specific needs of the markets. Implement activities to acquire and retain premium customers based on the various stages of the user lifecycle.
- Focus on delivering key anti-churn strategies to achieve business-wide subscriber objectives.
- Monitor results across all global campaigns and communicate insights on a regular basis to share learnings for future communications.
- Reactivation activities undertaken on a weekly basis to drive engagement from our less active users.
- Manage opt-in process for global initiatives, ensuring copy and content is locally relevant.
- Work closely with in-house tech teams to define the CRM roadmap for improved performance and better capability of tools in sprints of 7-8 throughout the year.
- Working with internal stakeholders to lead on CRM activity and communicate high-level strategic communications across the global markets.
- Oversee the global calendar for highly targeted segmentations for email, push notifications and in-app messaging for users on all Offer IDs: Newsletters, Editorials, New releases, Promos, Product Announcements and so forth.
- Key focus on increasing our free Monthly Active Users (MAUs) to ensure a healthy subscriber funnel and ads business.
- Successfully establish and roll-out the rebrand to allow for improved communication and encourage acceleration in growth for both paying subscribers and free users in all worldwide markets.
- Lead and manage bi-annual CRM promos: Summer and Winter Offers: 0,99 for 3 months global promotion. Define the eligibility criteria, set up the campaign calendar lead on visual and copy to ensure subscriber targets are met. Deep dive analysis on post-performance with a clear focus on improvements for future promotions to avoid cannibalisation. Winter 2018 proved to be best performing offer achieving 20% more subscriptions above target.
- Ensure dynamic, personalized content is implemented within campaigns for example: Monthly Digest – personalized statistics-based email, push notifications and in-app message surrounding a user’s listening habits in the past 28 days who streamed over 50 times or more. Email KPIs include an average rate of 42% and CTR of 4%.
CRM Specialist, Nov 2016 – June 2017
- Setting up and monitoring campaigns and journeys in Optimove (trigger automation: conversion & retention campaigns), Cowbell (in-house ESP and CRM tool) & Braze (for in-app messaging).
- Building and mapping out customer journeys, working across 56 different languages on a B2C and B2B global scale: Onboarding, Conversion and TBCC journeys.
- Planning, building, designing, testing and executing global CRM campaigns using a multitude of channels; email, in-app messaging and push notifications.
- Focus on optimizing Conversion, Retention & Anti-Churn strategy across the B2C and B2B database.
- CRM Lead for Product, Hardware and Partnership teams.
- Assisting in integrating new CRM tools for improved data collection and segmentation.
- Develop and refine relevant customer segments for targeted campaigns and analysis of data fed back to various stakeholders.
- Using Tableau to create dashboards and improve reporting on all CRM campaigns (working closely with the Data team).
Non Profit Organization
CRM Specialist, Feb 2016– Oct 2016 (Contracted role)
- Establish Saleforce as a direct marketing database utilising the capacity to segment and select data, run campaigns, record results.
- Help to achieve high quality targeted participants to all events measured by seniority, sector and region.
- Implement Salesforce as an effective tool for stakeholder management at events.
- Database management: identify target markets, research and entry of contact data on Salesforce. Supervise Marketing Assistant on the management of events records.
- Manage marketing campaigns across both traditional and digital channels, including social media, email, and partnerships.
- Define target audience and outline marketing plan with brief from internal or external partners.
- Work with the in-house design team to create and design HTML email templates according to brand guidelines, and ensuring all designs are fully optimised for mobile capability.
- Liaise with Communications team to include key events on monthly newsletter.
- Analyse marketing campaigns and delegate client profiles to ensure continuous improvement in activity and result.
- Log and record attendance at events, including drop-out rate, KPI targets, profile of participants (sector, seniority, city/country).
- Support the achievement of KPIs for attendance and venue hire.
CRM Specialist, Sept 2013– Feb 2016
- Developed, analysed and executed a regular CRM strategy that delivered top line revenue, profitability and consumer lifetime value across all brands for UK, USA, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia and Germany.
- Implemented a high functioning CRM strategy and programme to recruit new consumers and to increase the customer loyalty /retention and lifetime spending.
- Designed and implemented email campaigns across all brands to build engagement, encourage conversions and to promote and cross-promote products.
- Designed briefs, built, tested and signed off of at least 6-8 email campaigns per week across all territories & working closely with Google Analytics to track all orders and website journeys.
- Worked on email activity for 2 E-commerce sites: ModelSpace and Cake Decorating Shop.
- Updated and maintained the Cake Decorating Shop e-commerce site via Magento and tracked email / sms orders via Google Analytics.
- Provided consumer insights to the marketing and digital teams, and other internal stakeholders to allow better consumer understanding for improved planning and execution.
- Ensured all marketing materials aligned with and supported the brand positioning.
- Managed all campaigns and projects according to budget.
- Carried out SMS marketing campaigns to customers and prospects to increase subscriptions and promote the latest products.
- Maintained and managed the internal database system – inputting leads, customers and prospects and reporting on the status of the database on a monthly basis across 8 territories. Also worked to achieve yearly targets of achieving the desired number of customers and prospects.
- Worked closely with the internal database management team in Italy on data information to evaluate the results of activities and e-CRM campaigns. Regularly travelled to Italy for quarterly meetings and updates.
- Helped to maintain the internal database system by consistently adding new prospects, report on subscriber status across all brands and territories as well as achieving quarterly database targets.
- Helped to maintain the fulfillment house management – list pulling and data cleansing (working with Experian) and post activity analysis.
- Segmented customers according to each campaign and ensured customer-profiling analysis were shared with relevant Product Managers and departments for future campaigns.
- Ensured integrity of client & customer data was withheld and adhered to privacy laws.
- Analysed and reported on all email activity and database figures on a monthly basis that was circulated to the entire publishing organisation.
- Planned and implemented two direct postal mailing campaigns during 2013/ 2014 for Something Sweet magazine and RB7 Formula 1 car model (ModelSpace brand). Resulted in 5% increase in conversions.
- Constantly ensured the ROI was sustained and improved in all campaigns, mainly email and SMS.
- Digital marketing planning both direct response and awareness activity, for all the publisher’s websites in the UK, US, Northern Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Northern Europe and SE Asia.
- Liaised with agencies on development and maintenance of websites in the regions, to develop the brands in a bid to drive subscriptions and increase engagement.
- PPC, Social Media, content marketing and email marketing management for selected projects across all countries.
- Analytics set-up, management and reporting for all web assets across the regions.
- Development, integration and reporting of marketing plans across all mobile and app platforms.
Incisive Media, Piccadilly Circus
Marketing Executive, Oct 2012– September 2013
- Sole responsibility in managing the digital, online and print marketing process for two well-known publication brands across the product marketing division: Legal Week and Professional Pensions.
- Weekly reporting and analysis of best practise on new business, renewals and affiliated products.
- Contribute to the strategic development of marketing activities within the Marketing team and across Incisive Media with the main focus on acquiring Lead Generation.
- Focus on digital marketing via smartphones, email and tablets as part of wider company strategy. The increase of use in digital channels has led to Incisive Media winning Digital Publisher of the Year 2013 by the AOP.
- Used CRM to increase customer loyalty and meet the KPIs allocated on a monthly basis.
- Utilised PPC campaigns via Google for the launch of affiliated products such as Legal Week Reports. This led to an increase in sales for the reports by up to 60% via the pay-per-click method.
- Work on launch trackers and reporting iPad and iPhone app sales and launch campaigns and monitoring the POS across all channels.
- Push notification management for Legal Week ipad / iphone app.
- Managed all iPad, digital and social media marketing campaigns through print & online advertisements, artwork approval, creative briefs and copywriting emails and/or mail outs.
- Daily maintenance of the brand websites via the internal CMS site. This includes amending free trial landing pages, order forms, updating the top stories and advertising the launch of new products or packages. Involves good knowledge of HTML coding and social sharing applications.
- Daily website maintenance of affiliated brand Legal Week Reports via e-commerce platform Magento. This included analysis of product sales, newsletter subscribers and uploading new products on a weekly basis.
- Day-to-day execution of email and subscriptions marketing, renewal and free trial campaigns to maximise new business and 1-2-1 subscriptions, as well as the maintenance of retention by encouraging current subscribers to renew to the publication per annum. This includes early-bird discounts, corporate site licences and exclusive invites to industry events.
- Produce, monitor and control the effectiveness of all marketing and promotional material including brochures, email and web marketing material against the competing brands.
- Regular communication with suppliers and internal departments ranging from database, dispatch, customer services and creative design/media agencies.
- Daily implementation of email marketing, renewal and free trial campaigns via Adestra to increase deliverability, open and click-through rates.
First Title Insurance plc, Chancery Lane
Marketing Assistant, May 2011– Oct 2012
Big Little Ideas, Kent
Marketing Executive, Oct 2010 – April 2011
Newsquest Specialist Media, Cannon Street
Marketing Intern, June 2010 – Oct 2010
Golden Goose PR, Kensington
PR Assistant, April 2009 – Sept 2009
Jessica Kingsley Publishers, Islington
Editorial Assistant, June 2007 – Nov 2007
Marketing Assistant, June 2008 – Aug 2008
BSc (Hons) Sociology with Media Studies (2:1)
Brunel University – Uxbridge, Sep 2006 – May 2010
Sociology (A), Media Studies (A), English Literature (B)
The Ilford Ursuline Sixth Form – Ilford, Sep 2004 – June 2006