An experienced senior business analyst with extensive experience in Financial Services; Life, Pensions, Investments as well as Retail, Small / Medium Business and Corporate banking. Comfortable working with stakeholders & subject matter experts across the business and Third-Party Suppliers both on & offshore. Diligent with a keen eye for detail and always considering the impact on customers and stakeholders, Mandy’s approachable, friendly nature enables her to quickly build relationships and achieve results. Able to apply variety of methodologies e.g. V, Waterfall, Agile, RAD, Data and Business Process Modelling, with a strong preference for collaborative working to ensure business buy-in and support.
Experience includes operations team management, project consultancy, analysis and project management in the following areas:
- Platform Transition; Data Migration; Business Transformation including Process Mapping ‘As is’ & ‘To Be’.
- Proposition, Product, Process and Systems Design Specifications for New Business, Servicing and Financial reporting covering both Actuarial & Accounting areas of Finance, Customer Services, Marketing, Sales & Distribution, Compliance and Business Risk.
- Development of an award-winning eCommerce service for new business including AML, KYC and servicing applications; defining wireframe screens; writing pseudo-code specifications.
- Capital Optimisation including Part VII transfer activities; Business Integration & Separation.
- Adding Direct Mail and e-Commerce Sales & Distribution channels and leveraging existing Channels.
- Review and rectification of policy data errors, processing anomalies etc. and customer compensation
- Testing and Implementation of supporting systems for migration, new & enhanced products and functionality
Business Analyst, 06/19 to 12/19
Designed and piloted a process for identifying, managing and reporting Key Person Dependencies (KPDs) for the Operational Resilience team. This involved researching previous attempts made over a number of years and understanding the Regulatory drivers to frame the pilot activity for the business teams in scope. Designing the process and engagement pack, the pilot was completed successfully, and recommendations made for embedding the process in the Business Continuity Team’s business as usual activities for Business Continuity Planning. These recommendations were accepted, and handover is underway.
In addition to the KPD Pilot, the main processes being used to assess the resilience of the Organisation’s critical business service lines were documented in Visio with dependencies and rislxks highlighted.
Contract Business Analyst,10/18 to 04/19
Supporting Business Readiness for the Privileged Access Management Project within the CyberSecurity Programme. Documented new & updated processes. Supported solution definition and a tactical delivery for MI & Governance, a dashboard for the CyberArk application and definition of business rules for integrating CyberArk via Splunk, with ServiceNow.
The business implementation of the CyberArk application includes the migration of existing Privileged Access User Accounts into the new standardized structures & controls.
Financial Services Company
Contract Senior Business Analyst. 02/14 to 10/18
- Forged strong working relationship with EY Luxembourg and many areas of both the UK and the wider company Group while delivering the Transaction Cost Disclosure & Key Information Documents projects.
- Delivered a wide variety of demanding regulatory projects often with little support/input from the over-stretched business experts and managing a key 3rd party IT & Administration supplier who was focused on delivering “minimal compliance at minimal cost” instead of the customer focused solutions Prudential aimed to achieve.
- Delivered a technically challenging Desktop and iPad compatible QlikView application for the balanced business scorecard.
- Proving feasibility for a future programme to deliver significant benefits to both customers and Prudential.
Financial Services Company
Contract Senior Business Analyst, 12/10 – 12/13
- Provided cross work-stream Analysis and Consultancy services to transition a £3.4 billion portfolio of business between platforms.
- Ran workshops and individual consultations with Third Parties and internal partners across all business areas to identify, prioritize and agree solutions including IT & business process development to resolve numerous propositional issues for the platform transition.
- Managed residual issues arising from the Transitional Service Arrangement exit (Separation) for c. £14.5 million of investments on the source platform.
- Defined & documented business requirements for cross-platform product retention across the business
- Implemented enhanced business retention processes including fund mapping services and streamlined direct offer packs.
Contract Business Analyst/Consultant, 05/10 – 11/10
- Undertook significant research, used and expanded an extensive UK and Global network of contacts to assess Business & IT impacts and, document requirements for a Part VII transfer.
- Conducted a complete review of UK Life & Pensions literature, stationery and email templates
- Assessed feasibility of Finance Divisions key deliverables and reporting periods for the target implementation date.
- Contributed to Market leading Group Risk product designs and supporting documentation.
- Developed a strong working relationship with the Third-Party teams based on site and offshore in Beijing, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Canada.
- Provided support to the QA and BA teams across the whole Administration system.
- Identified Gaps in functionality, contributed to solution design and conducted specific testing of complex functionality prior to implementation
- Provided post-implementation support whilst documenting requirements for additional functionality.
- Designed, developed and implemented an award-winning integrated e-New Business capability for the Sterling brand range of Investment Bonds including a new flexible variant.
- Delivered e-servicing functionality for pensions and investment products and, concurrently,
- Delivered amendments to the e-business channel for ISA & PEP regulatory changes.
Insurance/Financial Service Company
Contract Business Process Analyst 01/06 – 06/06
- Documenting the ‘to be’ business processes including complex debt recovery at the rate of one complete process per day during a 4-week period of daylong workshops using process decompositions techniques.
- The ‘as is’ process for Anti-Money laundering was poorly understood by the operational area and required repeated challenges to the perceived process to arrive at an accurate representation enabling solid documentation of the ‘to be’ process.
Contract Process Mapping Consultant, 11/05 to 12/05
- With limited access to the business experts, applied process decomposition techniques to produce detailed process flows and procedures.
- Exceeded the original remit by producing full end-to-end process flows and detailed procedures for Endowment Reviews including significant changes to the calculations that were announced mid-way through the assignment.
Aviva / Norwich Union/RBS (ex Nat West Life) Joint Venture: Senior Project Manager, 2003 – 2005
Aviva / Norwich Union/RBS (ex Nat West Life) Joint Venture: Business Consultant/Project Manager 2000 – 2003
NatWest Life: Management Services Division, Business Consultant 1997 – 1999
NatWest Life: Senior Business Analyst, Management Services Division 1995- 1997
NatWest Life: Business Analyst, Customer Services Division 1993 – 1995
London Life 1982 – 1993
- Business Consultant, 1989 – 1993
- Executive Pensions Team Manager, 1988- 1989