I am a passionate individual with a desire to succeed in the marketing industry. I am results driven and thrive in a fast-paced environment where I am prepared to go the extra mile for my clients. A pro-active, dedicated, hard working individual who is eager to take on new responsibilities to strengthen and broaden my current skill set.
- Broad experience and understanding of multi-channel marketing strategy across travel and retail sectors, as well as the use of a marketing automation platform including segmentation, executing campaigns and associated reporting/analysis.
- Building and maintaining productive working relationships, both with internal and external contacts, including strong meeting and presentation skills
- Effective communicator whether face-to-face or over distance using all modern technologies both verbal and written.
- Ability to understand and interpret objectives and challenges, identify opportunities and solutions as well deliver and manage projects to successful completion.
- Adept at prioritising and organising tasks, delivering on time and achieving targets in a timely manner.
- Extensive IT proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite supported with excellent literacy and numeracy skills and attention to detail.
Career History & Qualifications
Marketing Agency; Milton Keynes 2016 – 2019
Delivering marketing automation technology, data analysis and people solutions to drive multi-channel marketing strategies forward and is a leader in the field of behavioral email.
Senior Account Executive (Client Relationship) July 2018 – October 2019
I was working towards an Account Managers position – taking on greater responsibilities and in line for promotion prior to the company relocating
Previous role Account Executive June 2016 – June 2018
Key Responsibilities included:
- Fully managing a group of lower-revenue accounts, driving revenue growth and client results.
- Working alongside Account Managers and Directors to support on larger, more strategic clients and transferring my experience to my own clients.
- Negotiated and secured contract renewals, produce proposals and generate incremental sales working every quarter. A willingness and ability to sell through a consultative approach.
- Worked with assigned clients to help drive their multi-channel campaigns; including reporting back results to clients, identifying key trends/recommendations/best practice and opportunities for growth
- Lead client presentations on campaign success and opportunities for improvements, as well as taking ownership for any client issues. Able to interpret results and tell a story via a client’s data.
- Proactive network building, ensuring a set of contacts within each client business.
- Responsible for accurate revenue forecasting across clients’ and team accounts, as well as ensuring client payments are made on time and invoicing processes are efficient, effective and correct.
- Monitored and evaluated client profitability and how this can be improved on a continual basis making sure that resource is being allocated correctly across accounts.
- As a result of building strong relationships with my client, I was able grow a client’s monthly fee by 40% for the next 3 years which was reflective with their increased marketing strategy.
- Played a key role in the launch of a predictive analytics product, leading a retail customer through the planning and delivery of dedicated, personalized campaigns and split tests against control cells during Black Friday. Results included a 27.5% increase in conversion rate for prospective new customers and an 87% increase in second purchases.
- Whilst working towards my second promotion, I exceed selling additional upsells including one off and recurring projects by 80% YoY.
- Completed an ILM Level 2 Diploma in Leadership and Management, learning and utilizing tools and strategies to more effectively manage and develop myself within the Account Management team.
Communications Company; St. Neots 2014 – 2016
PR-led Marketing Communications business in the Scientific division
Trainee Junior Account Executive September 2015 – March 2016
PR Marketing Intern May 2014 – September 2015
Key Responsibilities included:
- Supported client teams by preparing press releases and article contributions.
- Built relationships with clients and acted as a key point of contact on selected accounts.
- Liaised with journalists and key media personnel to set up appointments to attend trade shows. This included preparing press packs and material requested by our clients. I was also responsible for organizing travel and accommodation arrangements during the visit.
- Monitored the media and was actively involved in group activities to pursue new business opportunities.
- Solely responsible for social media platforms drafting posts and blog posts and publishing material.
- Collated, analysed and evaluated media coverage to present to clients and seek new opportunities.
- Designed, created and implemented a new internal media database from scratch and led training exercises and support sessions to the wider business, as well as different locations
- Successfully completed my placement year whilst ensuring both University degree was kept up to date with my working responsibilities. After a successful placement I was invited back to support the team during my final year of studying.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
Google Analytics Academy; 2019
Google Analytics for Beginners
ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership & Team Skills; 2018
Improving Performance of the Work Team | Induction and Coaching in the Workplace
Manchester Metropolitan University 2012 – 2016
First Class BA (Hons) Advertising Management and Brand Management
Dissertation subject: “Do pure-play E-retailers dominate fashion industry virtual communities because they are more fun and engaging than traditional hybrid retailers?”
Dame Alice Harpur School, Bedford 2010 – 2012
A Levels: Business Studies, Geography and Design Technology
Thornton College, Convent of Jesus and Mary 1998 – 2010
GCSEs; 9 Grades A to C including Mathematics and English