ABOUT THIS ROLE
We’re working with a fantastic, innovative biotech company who are looking to hire a Production Scientist to join their Cell Processing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the manufacture of novel cell therapy products within a GMP environment for use in clinical trials.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for a talented and motivated Scientist to contribute to a key part of our work. This company offers an exciting and highly dynamic environment focused on developing cutting-edge Treg therapies.
Batch Manufacturing of the company’s products within a GMP environment
· Draft and maintain SOP’s and batch records
· Record all activities and deviations within the QMS
· Act and support the team effort in identifying process risk assessments
· Maintain a clean and sterile working environment
· Support the scale up of Manufacturing operations in line with GMP standards
· Support and mentor more junior members of staff
· Engage in continuous improvement to maintain a high standard of practice
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· BSc or MSc degree in a Biological Science, Biotechnology, Immunology related field
· Experience in a GMP Manufacturing environment
· Experience working within a cleanroom environment
· Demonstrable expertise in cell-based processing including cell isolation, culture and cryopreservation
· Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team
· Good attention to detail and record keeping
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Expertise in cell-based techniques including flow cytometry, ELISA, qPCR
· Experience working within grade A isolators
· Experience manufacturing cell therapies
· Ability to work collaboratively within a team, supporting one another and held accountable for project deliverables.
· Personal drive and goal orientation.
· Detail-orientated and accurate.
· Professional and personable communication skills.
· Driven to solve problems pragmatically.
· Demonstrates strong organisational and prioritisation skills to manage a diverse workload.
· Good working attitude, reliability, and flexibility.
· Ability to work shifts including weekends on occasion