Our Privacy Notice
This notice has been produced in compliance with the European Union General Data Protection Regulations and UK Data Protection Act 2018 to inform our customers, clients and business partners how and why we use personal data.
Why we need your data
Northreach is dedicated to ensuring we always place the right person in the right job.
Your Personal Contact Data and Career Profile Data (curriculum vitae CV or resume) is essential for us to offer our recruitment services to you and our corporate clients, specifically:
- Job search and matching
- Candidate selection and presentation; and
- Career Accelerator Service
Our Career Accelerator Service is provided free of charge to our job candidates. We will keep your records on our search data base so we can identify suitable job opportunities as and when they appear. We will offer advice to help you manage your future career pathway and realise your career aspirations. We offer guidance on how you can enhance your prospects; advice on training and qualifications that are attractive to potential employers; market demand and salary benchmarking.
We will keep your career profile data on our Career Accelerator Database until you tell us you no longer require our services. We will keep in touch with you on a regular basis, by phone text or email, to keep up to date with your circumstances and alert you to opportunities.
Due the business sectors in which we work we often require additional sensitive data from you. This data is needed to establish and verify your identity and suitability for specific employers and or roles. We keep this data secure and store it only for as long as we need it to satisfy our corporate clients’ requirements.
Who we work for (our Clients) and who we share your data with
We provide services to major companies in the following business sectors:
- Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical / FMCG
- Financial Services;
- Financial Markets;
- Technology & Services;
- Marketing & Digital
Once we have found a suitable opportunity for your skills and expertise we will always ask for permission to share your Career Profile Data with our Client.
Who we use (our Data Processors), who process your data on our behalf
We use several specialist companies to support our services; specifically:
• Bullhorn – specialist recruitment software and hosting provider;
• Microsoft Office 365 – hosted office management software provider;
• Mansell & Co. Specialist Payroll Bureau – payroll payments, tax and NI contributions management.
Our key suppliers have high standards of data management and cyber security:
Bullhorn is a US company certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework; so your data is held outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to European Union approved standards of security and privacy (https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome).
Microsoft Office 365 is accredited to high standards of data security, including ISO/IEC 27018 (data security standards for cloud storage).
How we use your data
We will we will use your Career Profile Data for job search and matching, and Personal Contact Data to keep in contact with you for these purposes, as follows:
• we will use your data to identify suitable job roles and future job opportunities;
• we will use your data to communicate newsletters, updates and news;
• along with the newsletters and updates we may choose to send you selected relevant service offers, such as CV writing, profile development advisors;
• we may use the data of some individuals to invite them to take part in market research and surveys; and
• communicate with you to ask for your opinion on recruitment related topics and our services and improvement initiatives.
To fulfil an employment contract, or take steps linked to a contract: this is relevant where we need to make a payment to you. This includes:
• Making payments, that will require your banks details;
• Communicating with you on your performance and conditions; and
• Keeping a record of your employment so that we can provide you with a reference to future employers.
We will NEVER pass your email address or contact details to other companies without your explicit consent.
You have the following rights with respect to your Personal Contact Data and Career Profile Data that we hold:
• To request a copy of the data that we hold about you;
• To have incorrect data corrected;
• To request that your data be erased;
• To have your data transferred in a machine readable form;
• To object to the processing of your data.
Getting in touch with us
You can contact us to discuss any data privacy issues at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not happy with our use of your data you may wish to raise the issue with the Information Commissioner’s Office please see www.ico.org.uk/concerns for further details.
Northreach Privacy Notice Version 1.0, Dated 25 May 2018