ABOUT THIS ROLE
Northreach are working with an innovative company, based in Oxford, who are on the hunt for an excellent Principle Scientist to join their R&D team.
As Principal Scientist you will support our efforts in the Immunology group to identify the most immunogenic antigens to identify optimal antigens for targeting with T cell receptors, vaccines, or other modalities, and selection and characterisation of the most effective T cell receptors for further development. These data will drive the development of biologics and cell therapies to make a meaningful difference for patients suffering from cancer.
- Leading and Managing a small team of talented immunologists responsible for progressing our research projects.
- Designing, conducting and evaluating experiments to establish the efficacy of T cell receptors against novel cancer antigens. Developing and trouble-shooting assays for T cell functions.
- T cell profiling for very low frequency cells (use of Elispot, multimers), FACS sorting/analysis, CTL cloning and recombinant T cell receptor expression/characterization. Killing assays using flow and electrical impedence-based methodology.
- Establishment of robust T cell expansion protocols for clinical application
- Actively contributing to a vibrant and innovative working environment where improvements and new ideas are adopted and freely shared among the teams
- Providing scientific coaching and mentorship for less experienced scientists in the team, as well as other scientists in our matrixed environment
- Providing expert technical direction, challenge and problem solving in projects
- Working closely with other research functional teams (e.g. Bioinformatics and Immunopeptidomics) to validate the role of novel T cell antigens and cognate T cell rece ptors in cancer. This work will form the basis of T cell therapies for cancer
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A PhD in a relevant scientific discipline, strong expertise in immunology preferred
- At least 5+ years’ experience in scientific and leadership roles preferably within biopharma companies, including experience working to develop cell-based therapies
- Proven experience of relevant Immunological laboratory techniques.
- Previous experience of managing a small team of scientists