About the Role:
Northreach are proud to have partnered with a rapidly growing and innovative payments FinTech in their search for an experienced, driven and knowledgeable Lead for their Specialist Investigations function. We are on the lookout for someone who thinks outside the box, someone who looks at a complex problem and strives for solutions!
The role sits within their Financial Crime team, where you will be responsible for ensuring the Frameworks, Controls and team are best in class. The specialist investigations team will handle all complex Level 2 alerts across AML / Fraud / Terrorism and more. Working in a small but tight-knit team someone who works at pace and can show adaptability is key.
So what would you be doing?
- Acting as the SME for all complex and tier 2 cases relating to Fraud, Money Laundering, PEP’s, Sanctions, Negative Media, etc.
- Lead a team of senior investigators to conduct investigations into internal SAR’s and complex cases
- Apply FinCrime knowledge, judgement and decision-making skills to identify where grounds for suspicion of Money Laundering or Terrorist Financing or Fraud exists
- Build and implement robust controls and frameworks to conduct investigations and transaction monitoring analysis meets regulations and fit for purpose
- Mentor and develop a team
So what are we looking for?
- Proven experience in the investigations of complex financial crime cases
- Proven experience in managing and mentoring teams
- Strong knowledge of regulations, controls and frameworks and how to implement that into the business