ABOUT THIS ROLE
Our client, a fast-growing and innovative medical software business are on the lookout for an ambitious and experienced Information Governance Coordinator to join their highly skilled team of medical and IT professionals who are leading entrepreneurs in their fields. Working collaboratively, you will be changing the way personal health is managed, making people’s lives easier and opening up a huge global market in the process.
This role represents a mix of responsibilities across traditional Information Governance, Operations, Information Security, Compliance and Project Management. This is an important role for this company and represents a great opportunity for growth and progression for the right candidate. Close collaboration with their IG Team, Data Protection Officer, Information Security Team and other specialist teams will form a core part of the day to day activity for the IG Coordinator.
- Working with the company’s Information Governance, Business Development and Solutions Architecture teams – providing governance and policy information about the company as part of a tender process for a large healthcare provider.
- Working with the Compliance team – contributing IG specific detail as part of an ongoing Compliance Audit.
- Attending a client-facing call to present company’s IG policies, or elaborate on parts of their infrastructure or model from an IG perspective.
- Assisting Information Governance investigations, procedural infringements, policy adherence.
- Updating internal policy documentation in line with published guidance, regulation and law.
- Contributing to Information Security Management Group meetings and assisting group outputs; scheduling and prioritisation of improvement work related to IG.
- Ensuring customer-related IG documentation is accurate in terms of contact details and signatories.
- Assisting the IG Manager on annual compliance tasks such as the NHS Digital Data Protection and Security Toolkit.
- Assisting the IG Manager with various ongoing IG projects using a range of different software packages e.g. OneTrust, Freshdesk, Confluence, HelloSign, Teamwork.
- Full training and ongoing support will be provided for all software used as part of this role.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Excellent literacy; the ability to author detailed IG documents incorporating company’s infrastructure and model – with the assistance of their Architecture, Security, Development and Product teams.
- Patient and articulate approach and manner; the ability to communicate complex topics to a wide audience (including some audiences who may not be proficient in the subject matter).
- Detail-oriented, conscientious and diligent; small mistakes can be costly and embarrassing. An individual that takes a thorough approach, ensuring accuracy and consistency at each step.
- Flexibility in approach; ability to take ownership of new priorities at short notice.