About the role
My Client a US-based Biotech business who has an R&D facility based in Cambridge, UK is currently looking for a Scientist to join their Antibody Discover group.
If you want to be part of the research team and contribute to an extending portfolio of drugs for the benefit of cancer patients, why not consider this current opening in the Antibody Discovery team.
What will you be doing
- Develop, evaluate, optimize and implement novel technologies and methods for cell-based functional assays for antibody screening, including primary immune-cell based assays
- Contribute to project progression by using biochemical and cell-based screening and profiling assays to identify antibodies with characteristics meeting the Therapeutic Target Profile.
- Play a key role in the strategy and the decision-making process to select best antibody candidates to take forward.
- Expected to work independently liaising closely with colleagues within the project team and across functional groups to ensure deadlines are met. Maintain clear and efficient communication.
- Collate results, manage antibody data within the project and contribute to report where applicable.
- Maintain a current and accurate laboratory record (lab notebook) of all activities.
- Expected to give regular presentations.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials.
- MSc with >5-7 years of industrial experience or PhD with 1-3 years in a biological science/biochemistry discipline.
- Experience with mammalian cell-based assays e.g. binding and blocking assays by flow cytometry (or other platforms), reporter assays, signalling assays, mediator release
- Isolation and stimulation of immune cells, especially human myeloid and lymphoid cells is highly desirable
- Experience with biochemical assays such as ELISA, Luminex, HTRF and/or Alphascreen