About this role
We are currently with a fantastic up and coming Biotech company who are on the lookout for an Employee Engagement Coordinator located in London. This is a critical role for the HR and Internal Communication functions, ensuring that our colleagues have a seamless onboarding experience, and that they continue to feel connected to the organisation through the roll out of our internal communications initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the full new starter process, supporting ongoing employee activities and coordinating key internal communications activities.
- Own and drive the new starter process at Quell, managing administration for new starters and acting as a key point of contact for hiring at all levels of the organisation.
- Liaise with Hiring Managers, service providers and external IT support to ensure that onboarding runs smoothly for each new starter in the business, with strong communication at each step in the process – i.e., from offer through to day one.
- Maintain new starter records, ensuring that we have accurate organisational charts and contact information available across the organisation.
- Coordinate planned Internal Communications activities, taking ownership of the roll-out of initiatives, i.e., sending invitations, managing event speakers, ensuring the visual/audio is set up correctly.
- Manage the setup of quarterly Town Halls, alongside IT support, to ensure that our teams have a positive experience both in the room and at home, to ensure we can fully engage with colleagues across geographies and home office locations.
- Initiate improvements as directed to the SharePoint system, in respect of improving employee communications and platforms for shared information.
- Take accountability for the administration of our recognition awards, ensuring that awards are distributed in a timely way, shared with our Finance Teams, and communicated more widely on a regular basis.
- Support the roll-out and testing of a new HRIS system, including onboarding modules.
The Perfect Candidate
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience of working within a commercial environment, with demonstrated ability to manage communications with employees from an HR or Internal Communications function.
- Base understanding of UK Employment Law and GDPR requirements
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong time management, with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong written English, with an interest and ability to produce engaging internal communications
- Proven ability to manage across internal stakeholders and positively engage with all levels of an organisation
- Experience of HRIS platform/s would be of benefit.
- Exposure and work with SharePoint would also be desirable.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Excellent team working and networking skills with experience of interacting effectively across internal and external stakeholders.
- Desire to work with integrity and act as an ambassador for Quell and the wider business.