ABOUT THIS ROLE
My client is a global insurer based in the city of London and they are looking for a Conduct Risk Manager to join their underwriting team and ensure compliance with regulatory standards, adherence to internal frameworks and policies and continuous improvement on the approach to internal controls.
The role is primarily 1st Line of Defence being an embedded business partner, to analyse and monitor risk and compliance but also challenge where required. Management of internal stakeholders and other teams such as IT, Audit and contract. You will be involved in some 2nd line activities as well as some regulatory change initiatives that are in flight, in addition to improvement of business processes to match the frameworks that have been recently implemented. This is an analytical and management role as there is a team of 3 direct reports, however you will be expected to lead by example and be involved in ‘doing’ where necessary.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Knowledge of the Insurance sector is essential. (preferably Accident and Health, Warranty, Legal, Indemnity and Property)
- Experience of regulatory change from a compliance/conduct perspective
- Experience of interpreting FCA/PRA regulation into practical business process and controls
- Knowledge of the most current UK insurance regulation
- Product governance
- Experience of working within complex organisations
- Strong stakeholder management
- People management