ABOUT THIS ROLE
We’re working with an exciting, science-led company targeting the T-cell/cancer cell interface who are on the lookout for an ambitious Bioinformatics Scientist to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a research programme that aims to discover and characterise therapeutic targets for T- cell based therapies.
This role will support the development and optimisation of our pipelines, by using existing software packages and through the development of novel algorithms. This role is also responsible for integrating data output from the pipeline with further analysis. You will also have had experience of genome/transcriptome based analysis and the ability to work with NGS data in an cloud computing environment.
- Development of RNA-seq and TCR-seq based pipelines in an Agile-based approach
- Optimisation and innovation of analytical techniques within the Dark Antigen platform
- Processing of data to aid visualisation and comprehension of pipeline output
- Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- PhD in bioinformatics or a related subject
- An interest in the developing field of immuno-oncology
- Experience of software development in a life sciences commercial/academic environment
- Knowledge of R and/or Python scripting languages
- Knowledge of genomic data analysis and next generation sequencing analysis, in particular single cell based approaches
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Experience with version control systems e.g. Bitbucket
- Practical knowledge of workflow management e.g. Snakemake, Nextflow
- Experience of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment
- Knowledge of Database Development/Management
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- An active interest in supporting scientific research
- The ability to work on several projects in parallel
- Excellent record keeping and precision driven work approach
- The ability to work in a team
- Further information
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and benefits package including pension and health insurance.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.