ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are currently working with an exciting up and coming Bio-Tech company based in White City in West London, who are looking for an Assistant Financial Controller to join them on a permanent basis. This role is a key role in finance but also the surrounding business. A successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance of accurate accounting records for the company and its subsidiaries in the company finance systems and support the development and maintenance of the company financial accounting and reporting policies and systems and associated internal control and governance processes to the standard required by a public company.
- Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports on a timely basis for the management team, Board of Directors and Investors according to relevant GAAP.
- Prepare reconciliations for all key balance sheet accounts and resolve any imbalances or inaccuracies.
- Maintain all appropriate sub-ledger accounts to support the General Ledger, including Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable, payroll control accounts, company credit card accounts etc.
- Lead and develop the financial accounting team.
- Assist in the preparation of a 24 month rolling forecast cash utilisation and balances and currency planning model and support the company investment policy to generate investment
returns consistent with an acceptable investment risk profile.
- Manage the preparation and timely processing of payments to vendors, staff, consultants and other service providers.
- Support the preparation of quarterly and annual statutory company financial statements and the preparation for and management of internal and external audit processes.
- Support the preparation of company budgets and provide analysis to support the financial planning and analysis function.
- Support the completion and submission of Group indirect and direct tax returns, including VAT, Corporation Tax and R&D Tax Credit.
The Ideal Candidate
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum 2 years’ post-qualification experience in commercial accounting roles, ideally in a small UK plc.
• Strong audit, accounting and financial and control processes knowledge
• Solid understanding of UK GAAP and applicable regulations, US GAAP knowledge an
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
• Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
• Accounting qualification – ideally audit based CA/ACA or equivalent
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Excellent team working and networking skills with experience of interacting effectively across interfaces of discipline, culture, and expertise
• Desire to work with integrity and act as an ambassador for Quell and the wider business